Proper packing is the most important step in safely transporting your belongings. That’s why professional packing crews from Craddock Moving & Storage are trained in the best packing techniques, and that’s why it’s so much easier and safer to have us pack for you.
But, if you decide to do some or even all of your packing, these tips below will help. Along with general how-tos, you’ll find specific step-by-step instructions on properly wrapping and packing items that require special attention.
First, it’s important to know what not to pack and load on the moving vehicle. The following is a partial list of items that should never be transported in our vehicles:
- Fuels & oils
- Any aerosol cans
- Paint, turpentine, varnishes
- Flammable liquids such as nail polish remover, lighter fluid, etc
- Firearms and ammunition
- Prescription drugs necessary for immediate use
- Perishable foods
For best results, we recommend allowing Craddock Moving & Storage professionals to pack or crate the following types of items:
- Fine china and crystal
- Marble, glass tabletops, heavy wall ornaments and mirrors 40″ X 60″ or larger
- Pool table slate
- Bulky, fragile items such as large trophies, statuary, chandeliers, etc.
The following items should be transported personally by you:
- Jewelry, furs
- Firearms (consult local laws)
- Personal papers and documents such as birth certificates and insurance policies
- Collectables such as coins and stamp collections
- Special family photographs
- Moving-related Documents